The lab helped publish two papers, the first in Pulmonary Circulation, and the second in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
-Casey and Austin published a paper with collaborators in the UA Department of Immunobiology.
- The lab helped publish a paper reporting that seasonal viral infections upregulate the CoV2 receptor, ACE2.
- The lab published a paper in the American Journal of Human Genetics!
- Casey Romanoski was interviewed by the American Journal of Human Genetics about the lab's recent paper
Check out the Interview Here!
- Anna Eshgi has succesfully graduated from the UA and has been accepted into Kansas City University if Medicine and Biosciences to further her education! The lab will miss her and wishes her good luck!
February 2020- The lab has a new listing for exciting job opportunity for an experienced Scientific Analyst:
Scientific Analyst II Job Desctription
January 2020- The Romanoski Lab created a joint journal club with the Cusanovich lab and other interested graduate students to read and discuss recent research in genetics and genomics.
December 2019- Lindsey Stolze received an AHA pre-doctoral fellowship, starting January of 2020!
October 2019- Casey Romanoski, and graduate students Lindsey, Alice, and Austin all attended ASHG in Houston, TX where Lindsey gave a talk and Austin presented a poster.
August 2019- Maria Adelus joined the lab as a graduate student in the next step of her MD/PhD program!
- Alice Solomon passed her qualifying exams!
July 2019- Austin Conklin passed his qualifying exams!
May 2019- The lab was awarded funding through an RO1 grant to study the mechanisms of ERG in endothelial cells!
January 2019- The lab expanded and settled into a new space in the new Bioscience Research Laboratories buidling on the University of Arizona main campus.
November 2018- Our research was featured on the front news page for the UA College of Medicine:
UA Researchers Help Discover Genetic Factor That Can Help or Hurt Risk for Heart Disease
- Our lab collaborated on a paper that was recently published:
Genetic variant at coronary artery disease and ischemic stroke locus 1p32.2 regulates endothelial responses to hemodynamics.
- We welcome PhD rotation student, Raul Castro!
October 2018- Casey Romanoski and Lindsey Stolze attended ASHG 2018 in San Diego, CA!
June 2018- We welcome Evilina Kadimova to the laboratory for the summer. Evilina is a research intern as part of the UA/BIO5 KEYS program, which gives high school students experience in research laboratories.
The Keys Program
March 2018- Austin Conklin and Alice Solomon join the lab as a PhD students from ABBS in the Graduate Program in Molecular Medicine (GPMM).
October 2017- We welcome Ilakya Selvarajan, a visiting scholar from Minna Karikkonen's Laboratory at the University of Eastern Finland. Ilakya is spending a month in the Romanoski Lab to accelerate informatics-based collaborations.
- Lindsey, Ilakya, and Casey attended the 2017 Annual American Society of Human Genetics conference in Orlando, FL where Casey was a moderator and presenter, and Ilakya presented a poster. One of the highlights was the Presidential Address given by Bill Gates and Francis Collins.
September 2017- Congratulations to Lindsey Stolze for receiving the competitive Cardiovascular Research Training Grant!
August 2017- We Welcome PhD rotation students Melissa Moy and Austin Conklin!
July 2017- Destiny Hodges successfully completed her internship in the laboratory as part of the UA/BIO5 Keys Program, culminating in the 11th Annual Research Showcase
- We welcome PhD rotation student Alice Solomon!
June 2017- Our first paper has been published in eLIFE!
"Transcriptional networks specifying homeostatic and inflammatory programs of gene expression in human aortic endothelial cells"
- We welcome Destiny Hodges to the laboratory for the summer. Destiny is a research intern as part of the UA/BIO5 KEYS program, which gives high school students experience in research laboratories.
The Keys Program
- Casey was awarded as a "Poster Prize Winner" at the 2017 Gordon Research Conference in Atherosclerosis in Newry, Maine.
May 2017- Casey Romanoski was selected as a Finalist for the Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB) Irvine H. Page Young Investigator Research Award in Minneapolis, MN
April 2017- Nizar Hadeli completed his University of Arizona Honors College First Year Project and competed in the student Poster Session.