November 2018- Our research was featured on the front news page for the UA College of Medicine:
UA Researchers Help Discover Genetic Factor That Can Help or Hurt Risk for Heart Disease
- Our lab collaborated on a paper that was recently published:
Genetic variant at coronary artery disease and ischemic stroke locus 1p32.2 regulates endothelial responses to hemodynamics.
- We welcome PhD rotation student, Raul Castro!
October 2018- Casey Romanoski and Lindsey Stolze attended ASHG 2018 in San Diego, CA!
June 2018- We welcome Evilina Kadimova to the laboratory for the summer. Evilina is a research intern as part of the UA/BIO5 KEYS program, which gives high school students experience in research laboratories.
The Keys Program
March 2018- Austin Conklin and Alice Solomon join the lab as a PhD students from ABBS in the Graduate Program in Molecular Medicine (GPMM).
October 2017- We welcome Ilakya Selvarajan, a visiting scholar from Minna Karikkonen's Laboratory at the University of Eastern Finland. Ilakya is spending a month in the Romanoski Lab to accelerate informatics-based collaborations.
- Lindsey, Ilakya, and Casey attended the 2017 Annual American Society of Human Genetics conference in Orlando, FL where Casey was a moderator and presenter, and Ilakya presented a poster. One of the highlights was the Presidential Address given by Bill Gates and Francis Collins.
September 2017- Congratulations to Lindsey Stolze for receiving the competitive Cardiovascular Research Training Grant!
August 2017- We Welcome PhD rotation students Melissa Moy and Austin Conklin!
July 2017- Destiny Hodges successfully completed her internship in the laboratory as part of the UA/BIO5 Keys Program, culminating in the 11th Annual Research Showcase
- We welcome PhD rotation student Alice Solomon!
June 2017- Our first paper has been published in eLIFE!
"Transcriptional networks specifying homeostatic and inflammatory programs of gene expression in human aortic endothelial cells"
- We welcome Destiny Hodges to the laboratory for the summer. Destiny is a research intern as part of the UA/BIO5 KEYS program, which gives high school students experience in research laboratories.
The Keys Program
-Casey was awarded as a "Poster Prize Winner" at the 2017 Gordon Research Conference in Atherosclerosis in Newry, Maine.
May 2017- Casey Romanoski was selected as a Finalist for the Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB) Irvine H. Page Young Investigator Research Award in Minneapolis, MN
April 2017- Nizar Hadeli completed his University of Arizona Honors College First Year Project and competed in the student Poster Session.